Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Half way through!!!

So the craziness continues!! Let me get you caught up on my crazy week(s)....

The ballon festival was a resounding success!! The new speakers by D.A.S. that the City of North Las Vegas got are awesome! With very little tweaking I had a great sounding system at my hands. The childrens stage was a blessing, the performers were all great! they kept the kids into the music, and of course, had great messages for the kids. I even got to meet and do sound for Debi Derryberry ( the voice of Jimmy Neutron) along with David Chicken (he did at least one show every day of the event, and was a pleasure to work with!), Amy Lowe, and Zak Morgan. They may have been easy as far as the channels settings go, but I'd really have to say that they were just an easy gig all around, not a complaints or grumblings at all, from any of them or me!! (musicians can be a huge pain in the you-know-what when it comes to a soundman they've never worked with before...). Besides the long hours and constant sun, I had a blast, and I really think that the Special Events department made a very good impression ( the event was a huge success....... if I hadn't mentioned it yet..)

Thursday night I played with Straightaway, we had a good gig, for a first gig. I'd have to say that they (the guys in the band) really worked hard and got a good show out of it ( it was after all their first gig as this band) I had fun and wasn't worried about my performance (I guess that sounds a little cockey, but I worked ont the tunes myself so I knew I had them down). We even et the drummer and bass player from Alice in Chains, which was really cool because we had played of their songs in our set!!

Indian Springs with Nasty Habits was cool, the first week in a long run of gigs (finally), My voice ws shot becase of the long days outside in the wind and dust.... We (read: Cory) got to fire up the new equipment and record the sets, I can't wait to hear the fifth or sixth weeks, as we are already pretty tight, just need to get a little more polished...... My lovely wife trecked up the road with me so she could drive me home and let me get a little sleep on the ride (which I needed, Did I mention they were long days).....

This week I'm working a convention, doing good honest work, stocking materials for the attendees, a lot of walking, lifting 20-60 pound boxes, and more walking. It's kind of funny to think that after three years working at the call center, I can do this kind of work for the same amount of money...... I'm really enjoying walking around with my MP3 player on, just doing my thing.... and I sure could use the exercise.... the balloon thing had me standing or walking within a very small area all week............ I'm doing this all week, so I'll be back to my sexy slim self in no time!!!!

Nasty habits is back at Spanky's Pub this weekend, our favorite little neighbourhood joint! I'm working another convention next week too. I'll keep you informed...

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 7:49 AM, September 27, 2006 , Blogger Z-Man said...

Big Red - Sounds like fun to me! I'm sure the entertainment enjoyed working with you too! And the guys from Alice in Chains? I'm jealous! Sounds like you are doing OK!

We recorded the choir last wednesday night... I did everything I could to make it sound the best...Anyway what can you do with two channel recording......

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home