Thursday, September 14, 2006

Slow week, next week will be a killer!

I've been working this week, doing some work at a conference with about 150 attendees, nothing difficult... I did see a woman from a nother convention fall (she tripped on and edge where the carpet ends and meets the tile floor) and the people from her convention made a big deal about it (and ultimately tried to blame the hotel, of course) when it couldn't have possibly been the flip-flops she was wearing, or the fact that she was talking to her freind and her head was turned and she wasn't looking where she was going, or that she was trying to reach into her bag with her good arm (that's right, her right arm was in a cast already)......... Drama, and so early in the morning.... One of the folks who was at the conference I was working said he is pretty sure he saw her at the Black Jack table that morning before the incident, chances are she was enjoying some of the fine comped drinks as well???!!!!

Did more training with the City of North Las Vegas, each of the crew members has set up and taken down the mobile stage by themselves now, so we should be able to get it up and down with no snags and in very little time!! We were training on driving the stage around, it's a 26' trailer/5th wheel, so it took a bit of getting used to backing it up, but after a few times through, I think I've got it!!! We have a big balloon festival called balloonapalooza that is next weekend, but we will be working from wednesday through sunday, it's going to be a lot of fun, and I'm going to get to work with the city's new D.A.S. speakers!!!

I've been practicing with straightaway, a local hard rock/metal band this week, I'm subbing in with them next thursday at the Rainbow Bar and Grill, that should be fun!! then Nasty habits is playing Friday and Saturday in Indian Springs. I'm going to be busier than a half-armed paper hanger, but It's what I've been needing, to get to work and keep myself busy!!

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home