Monday, June 16, 2008

Changes in Latitude..... Or Changes in this blogs focus

So, if anyone still checks in on this blog (I don't blame anyone who's given up) I am alive and well!! I have recently began a new project that hasn't actually launched yet, and so I've been keeping busy getting ideas rolling for that, but let me get you all caught up on me!!

Since my last post in November (Oh crap, has it been that long?) I've found work (at times more than I could have hoped for) and been just generally pretty busy, which is much better than the last part of last year. By November I had started working some evenings at TOny N TIna's Wedding at the Rio, I got to the point that I was working 5 nights a week and having a lot of fun! I recommend the show to anyone visiting Vegas if a good romp is what you are looking for....

In January I started working at Zappos.com in the Customer Loyalty Department. For anyone who has worked in a call center (like my three years at the almost-a-scam hard sell merchant credit card place) I've got to say, this is the polar opposite of any other call center environment that I've ever seen. With 4 weeks of training and a pretty good starting pay, it's got to be the most rewarding job I've ever had not including my volunteering as a worship leader. The call center is covered in decorations, some have a theme from parties that were thrown in the past, some are just the CLT reps way of making their cube 'theirs' but all in all, it has a really home-y feeling and the core value of 'Build a positive Team and Family Spirit' is definitely felt among the folks there. Speaking of Core Values, Zappos has ten, and they really 'mean it' with all ten, from the way they deal with vendors all the way to customers and even all the way to employees!! I look forward to many years with Zappos, and the sky really is the limit there, so watch out Zappos, here I come!!

The Audio shop (Syntonic Design Group)I worked at last year called me back for my two off days from Zappos (Thurs and Fri) to repair gear and help out, so I'm working 7 days a week...

I continue to work for the City of North Las Vegas Special Events Dept doing sound and working with the City's Mobile Stage, which is still loads of fun (We've hired 3 new guys, so this year is looking to be nicely staffed!!!)

So for a few months I was working at Zappos or Syntonic during the day and Tony N Tina's at night, with on-call work for the City and still doing Nasty Habits gigs, I was getting a little burned out, so I've scaled back to just working during the days mostly (quit the show)

So now I've got my evenings back, K and I can actually spend some time together, and I'm going to be doing a website/blog about/for cover bands, I'm going to (hopefully) get some forums going and see if I can't have a little fun and keep my mind sharp, so look out in the future for Pubrocker.com (No content up yet) I've already bought the domain name, now I just need to get the hosting set up and I'll be ready to Rock and Roll!

For the time being I am going to start posting articles here that might be of interest to cover band type folks, along with more updates on ME ME ME!!!!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home