Thursday, November 15, 2007

Saying Goodbye........... well not yet.....

So I've decided that my Gibson Les Paul that sits in the corner collecting dust just needs to go, or I like to think that it will be finding a better home where it will be played and appreciated a little more......... I *made* the decision about three weeks ago, I MADE the decision (complete with craigslist post) today. I have posted it for a fair price and listed its condidtion honestly, so I should have no problem selling it. I will miss it, but I really don't play it that much, and haven't been the guitar player in a band since I played at Christ United Methodist Church years ago. She has been good to me, and I will always remember my first Real guitar....



I feel a little better about selling her after I heard that Gibson bought out Garrison Guitars, the make of my very nice acoustic guitar that I got for Christmas last year and are not honoring Garrison's lifetime warranty... Nothing makes you lose faith in a mega-corp like Gibson faster than knowing that the hard-earned money that was spent on something that was advertised as having a great warranty was now hard-earned money spent on a guitar with no warranty..... so I'm not selling it to spit in their faces, although I doubt if I'll ever buy another Gibson guitar..... There are plenty of options that sound great and feel great that cost much less, so that's probably what I'll look at next.

I really enjoy my Schecter bass, it is still blowing me away every time I play it, so I'll most likely look into one of their guitars when it comes time for a replacement.


Speaking of my Schecter bass, it is my main axe, and so I've also decided to sell my Fender Jazz bass deluxe 5 string that I had modified with my favorite pickups... it too was listed today. I have it listed for a fair price as well, it was my church bass, but even then I was missing my Schecter's thin neck.... so long Fender......



when either of these will sell I don't kow, I can only hope it is soon.

Labels: , , , , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6:14 AM, November 18, 2007 , Blogger Z-Man said...

Well good for you. It's time to move on. I too have one of those Garrison's (thanks broham - I still don't know how to thank you guys....) and they play great! Also, when the time comes that you need an electric guitar again you can experiment with the next great axe. I've had the itch for something new for a while, but sometimes we have to wait.... Oh well! Some day! Gotta go, the Garrison is just begging to be played!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home