Thursday, April 27, 2006

Rock and Roll

Just trying to make the adsense banner not focus on a subject that I don't like. so here is a random listing of things that have to do with music.

Did you know that Guitar Center and Musicians friend are the same company?! That's why the Guitars and Basses or Pro Audio Gear or Drums in the catalog and in the music store are always the same price!

Sam Ash is not affiliated with either, Nor are any of them affiliated with Ed Romans, the worlds largest guitar store (it says so on the billboards).

Most players still use Fenders or Gibsons, however a strong and loyal following sticks with Peavey and Ibanez, and the most discerning players (me) have gone to Schecter guitars.

One of my favorite bands is Lynyrd Skynyrd who are still touring to this day, and are my artist of the week..

I personally believe that every kid should have a guitar when they turn 12, if they don't like it they can always learn a lesson in selling items on Ebay which has become a work at home, get rich type of thing nowadays. and more parents should consider the bass guitar for their kids, after all it got me where I am today...Disregard the last part.........

My twin brother Matt inspired me to do a bunch of links and they say that imitation is the highest form of flattery. We used to play in a band called Mourning Stone, all original hard rockin' music with some friends, and before that our first band was Seuss. Since the demise of Mourning Stone I have played in Across the Tracks, the Trisha Benton Band and Betty and the Liars.

Recently I was making a MYSPACE account for Nasty Habits when I stumbled across some of my old friend in Salisbury Maryland and their bands. There is Dash Eight, Dr. Jones, and Trisha Benton on there along with countless other rockin' bands from back east.

To continue with the list of things musical there is:
Pro Sound News
Carvin
www.behringer.com
Dbx
Allen and Heath
Yorkville
Hartke
Yamaha
Shure
Sensaphonics

Cool, so that should give the page more respectable things to advertise for. Rock and Roll.

Labels: , , , , , ,

2 Comments:

At 1:37 PM, April 27, 2006 , Blogger The Bass Player's Wife said...

And yet, they would rather run ads for tires.

BTW, Why did you take Mr. Moore down from artist of the week? Not only that, but you replaced him with a bunch of hacks!!!

 
At 9:37 AM, April 28, 2006 , Blogger Z-Man said...

Mourning Stone Rock(ed)!!!!
As does Skynyrd. Hacks?????? Never!

Seuss Rocked too! Both gigs rocked.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home